Top 10 captivating events
March 30, 2017 - Amanda
To celebrate Blue Sail’s first 10 years we’re publishing a series of “Top 10s” throughout 2017 … So here’s a mouthwatering collection of events handpicked by our associate William Culver-Dodds. William is our go-to guy when it comes to advising clients on events, festivals and cultural venues. What a performance!
- Gladmat, Stavanger’s food extravaganza located on its North Sea harbour, is the biggest food festival in Scandinavia
- Lyon Fête des Lumières is a fantastic city-wide light festival on the Rhone
- Le Voyage à Nantes – each summer an eclectic artistic and poetic trail takes place in this quirky, contemporary arts city, where its spaces are filled with both temporary and permanent artworks
- Reykjavík Culture Night – one of the highlights in this youthful festival city marks the start of the city’s cultural year, when museums, theatres and cultural institutions launch their annual programme of events
- Fira Tarrega: theatre of the street – the great European showcase of street arts in this bubbling small town’s environment only a pyrotechnic swoosh from Barcelona
- Dalarna – enjoy the Swedish outdoors at this unique performing arts theatre in a disused quarry near Stockholm presenting everything from opera to pop & rock
- Krimimessen in Horsens, Denmark is the largest crime fiction festival in Northern Europe, held in Fængslet, the old state Prison
- Aldeburgh Festival of Music and the Arts set in Suffolk and the incomparable setting of Snape Maltings – a quintessentially English classical music festival
- Lucerne Summer Festival: An idyllic medieval city setting by Lake Lucerne amongst the towering Swiss Alps … mountain walks by day, world-class orchestras by night
- And finally: Le Tour de France – any mountain stage but especially a teeming Mont Ventoux on Bastille Day (Vin? de rigueur!)
And in case you missed it, you can catch up with Sheona Southern’s Top 10 Tips for Place Marketing Organisations here.